What is the Tablet Mode in Windows 10?
The Windows 10 tablet mode makes Windows more touch-friendly on 2-in-1 devices when you want to use your PC without mouse and keyboard. In Tablet mode, your start screen is converted to a full screen and all your apps including programs open in full screen.
After you switch to Tablet mode, whether you open a web browser or File Explorer, everything goes to full screen. All icons from the desktop will be removed and you will have to deal with the Start screen to interact with your Computer. You’ll have the task view at the taskbar to snap between apps.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to turn on or turn off Windows 10 Tablet mode.
Important: All screenshots are taken from Windows 10 Pro build. The interface may or may not be similar to your version of Windows.
Enable or disable Windows 10 Tablet mode
1. Go to the Start menu and search for Settings and open it.
2. Click on the System icon on the Windows Settings screen.
3. Click the Tablet mode on the left side. Under Tablet mode on the right side, set ‘When I sign in’ to “Use Tablet mode” and below it ‘When this device automatically switches tablet mode on or off‘ set it to Always ask me before switching. You can also hide taskbar or icons from the taskbar when you are in tablet mode.
Now, just close the settings and it will immediately reflect the changes and switches your PC to tablet mode.
1. Use Win + A keyboard shortcut to open the Action Center.
2. At the bottom of Action Center, tap the Tablet mode to turn it on. Tablet mode button will turn blue (color) after it has been enabled. You can switch to the desktop mode using the same way.
There’s one more way to enable tablet mode in Windows 10 using a registry editor. Take a look at that one, if the above methods won’t work for you.
That’s it. If you’ve got any query with disabling the Tablet mode in Windows 10 or switching back to Desktop mode, let me know in the comment section below.
Please share this article if it helped you in any way. Please use the social icon to share this tutorial.