In this Blogger Tutorial, I will teach you how to add a widget to your Blogger blog. Blogger Widgets also known as “Gadget”, allows you to customise your blog by adding some additional functionality and cool features to your blogger blog. Once you create such a widget on your Blogger blog, you can place it anywhere on your site – sidebar, header, in between the post and even in footer area. It makes you blog look more appealing to your readers, such that they get engaged to your blog for longer period.
Steps for Creating Blogger Widget and placing it on your blog
Createing and adding a widget to your blogger blog is not a complex process, anyone can learn to implement it on their blogger site. By following the steps written below, you would easily create a widget on your Blogger blog. So, without further ado, let’s get started:
- Go to the dashboard of your blogger blog by signing in using your Blogger Account.
- Once you are at the dashboard, you will see the name of your blogger blog at the top left side. If you don’t find your blog name, click the drop down arrow at the top left side, and then go to your blog.
- On the left side menu, click on the Layout tab.
- Here you will be see your blog layout section, showing you the list of all the gadgets already placed on your blog. Click on Add a Gadget link to start creating a new gadget to your Blogger blog.
- This will open a new pop-up window, where you will see the list of all the gadgets you can choose from and add to your blog.
- Some of the popular Blogger gadgets that you can add on your Blog are –
- Adsense Widget – It is used to show adsense ads by linking your Adsense account to your Blogger blog.
- Featured Post – It is used to show some blog posts on your blog sidebar.
- Contact Form – You can also add a contact form widget for your blog to allow your users to contact you.
- Translate Widget – It lets your users to translate your blog content to their native language.
- So, after selecting the widget that you want to put on your blog, click the + icon.
- In this step, you have to enter the Title for your widget, and other additional details depending on the widget you have selected. Press the Save button to save the widget. Also, don’t forget to click on Save arrangement button to actually make the widget appear on blogger.
- You can also drag up and down the widget to change its position.
That’s it from this Blogger Tutorial. You have successfully added a widget to your Blogger blog. If there’s any doubt or questions, please let me know in the comments section below. If this article is of any help to you, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.