This Blogger Tutorial from HowToArticle will teach you how to add a widget to your Blogger blog. Blogger Widgets also known as “Gadget” allows you to customise your blog by adding some additional functionality and cool features to your site. Once you create such a widget for your Blogger blog, you can place it anywhere on your site – sidebar, header, in between the post and even in footer area.
How to Add Widget to Blogger
Adding a widget to your blogger blog is a simple process to learn. By following the steps mentioned below, you will be easily create a widget on your Blogger blog. So, let’s get started:
- Go to the dashboard of your blogger blog by signing in with your Blogger Account.
- Once at the dashboard, you will find the name of your blogger blog at the top left side. If you don’t find your blog, click the drop down arrow below it, and go to your blog.
- In the left side menu, click on the Layout tab.
- Here you will be see your blog layout showing you the list of all the gadgets already placed on your blog. Click on Add a Gadget link to start adding a new gadget to your Blogger blog.
- This will open a new pop-up window, where you will the list of all the gadgets you can choose and add to your blog.
- Some of the popular Blogger gadgets that you can add on your Blog are –
- Adsense Widget – Used to show adsense ads by linking your Adsense account to your Blogger blog.
- Featured Post – Used to show some blog posts on your blog sidebar.
- Contact Form – You can also add a contact form widget for your blog to allow your users contact you.
- Translate Widget – It lets your users to translate your blog content to their native language.
- So, after selecting a widget for your blog, and click the + icon.
- In this step, you have to enter the Title for your widget, and other details depending on the widget you have chosen. Press the Save button to save the widget. Also, don’t forget to click on Save arrangement button to actually make the widget appear on blogger.
- You can also drag up and down the widget to change its position.
That’s it. You have successfully added a widget to your Blogger blog. If there’s any doubt, please let me know in the comments section below.