For most of the time, Google Chrome checks and automatically update when the latest chrome update is available to download on your device. Every chrome update comes with a new feature and security update, so it is always recommended to update your google chrome browser to the latest version. Chrome follows a ‘Google update’ process to update chrome and google products.
If you want to change chrome language, then read the post on how to change default language in Chrome.
In some cases, your chrome browser doesn’t perform automatic update due to any possible reason:
- Your administrator has disabled to check for updates.
- Computer Firewall is preventing chrome to check and install updates.
- You are using Windows XP or Vista OS as they no longer receive chrome update.
Follow the instructions provided below to manually check for updates and install them.
Manually check for an update and find the current chrome version.
- Open Google Chrome web browser.
- Click on the menu ( 3-vertical dot ) icon at the top-right corner.
- If you have a pending chrome update, the icon will look like
- Green: If an update has been available for like 2 days.
- Orange: If an update has been available for 4 days.
- Red: If an update has been available for more than 7 days.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Go to Help > About Google Chrome
Here, you will find the current chrome version number and check the latest chrome update.
Update Google Chrome (Desktop)
1. Open Chrome browser and click on the menu icon which looks like a 3-vertical dots located at the upper-right corner.
2. Navigate to Help > About Google Chrome.
3. Here on this page, Chrome will automatically download the latest version. However, if it says, “Google Chrome is up to date” that means you are using the latest version of chrome and doesn’t need to update.
4. Click Relaunch to restart your Chrome browser. Your browser is now up to date.
Note: Google Chrome saves all your opened tabs and reopens them automatically when chrome restarts. This method ensures chrome is always running the latest updated version.
Update Google Chrome browser [Mobile]
1. Open Google Play Store app.
2. At the top left corner, Tap the Menu icon and then My apps & games.
3. It will show the list of apps which are available to update under “UPDATES“ section.
4. Scroll down to look for ‘Google Chrome’ and tap the UPDATE button.
It will begin downloading the update to the latest version.
Read Also: Change Chrome homepage and startup page
Hope you now know how to update your Google Chrome browser on Computer and Mobile (Android) device.
If you liked this post, please share it on your favorite social media platform. Feel free to join the discussion below.