When you activate sync settings in Windows 10, your operating systems sets the same configuration across all your devices that you’ve signed in with same Microsoft Account.
Windows 10 allows you to sync settings such as passwords, browser settings for Edge and Internet Explorer, language preference, ease of access, themes, apps and store settings.
To enable sync settings, you need to sign in to Windows 10 with the same Microsoft account in order to sync settings between different PC or devices.
In this Windows how-to guide, I’ll show you how to sync settings across devices on Windows 10 devices.
Enable Windows 10 Sync Settings
- Open Settings from the start menu.
- Under Settings screen, Click Account tab to open account settings.
- If you are running a local account, click sign in with a Microsoft account instead link.
- Under Sync your Settings, turn on the Sync settings by moving the switch to the right.
Note: Sync feature works only if you are running a Microsoft Account.
This way, you can turn on or turn off sync settings in Windows 10.
Customize Sync Settings
If you would like, you can select which settings to sync or not under Individual sync Settings.
- Enabling the Theme will sync your desktop backgrounds or themes between all your devices.
- Enabling the Internet Explorer settings will synchronize your browser history, passwords, bookmarks and favorites across all your Windows 10 devices that are using the same Microsoft account.
- Syncing the Passwords will synchronize your Microsoft account passwords across all your Windows devices and services. Note: To sync password in Win 10, you need to verify your identity via email or phone number.
- You can also sync system language, ease of access and other Windows settings. Once enabled, these settings will carry over from one device to another that you log into with the same Microsoft account.
All your individual sync settings will be saved to your OneDrive account.
That’s it. You have learned how to enable sync settings in Windows 10 across all your devices.
If you have anything to share with us regarding any Windows settings, please drop your comment below.