Though certain Google products do not require a Google account to access them such as Google maps, Google Books, YouTube, etc. However, an account is required to create a YouTube channel and upload videos.
Note: If you have a Gmail account, this means you already have a Google account so you don’t need to create a one. Use your Gmail login credentials to sign in to Google.
How to make a Google account
Creating a Google account is pretty simple. Follow the simple steps mentioned below to make a Google account.
- On your web browser, go to create a new Google account link.
- Now, you need to fill up the signup form.
- Enter your first name and last name. Choose a username for your account. Your username will also become your Gmail address.
- Create a password and re-enter it to confirm the password. Fill up other details too.
- Leave “Your current email address blank” as this is your first time making an account.
- Go to the next step.
- Your Google account is created. It’ll also automatically create your Google+ and Gmail account.
- On the next page, click on “Add a photo” to add a profile picture to your Google+ account. OR click Next Step if you want to add a photo at another time.
Google Product: How to use Blogger to earn money
Create Google Account on Android Device
Signing up for a Google account in Android can be done using the Settings menu of your smartphone.
- Open Settings app.
- Scroll down to Accounts > Add New.
- Tap Google. Sign in screen will open. Tap “Or create a new account”.
- Enter first name and last name. Tap Next.
- Fill up all the information. Hit Next.
- Create a username for your account. Tap Next.
- Complete the other information and finally agree to the Google terms of service.
- Your Google account is created and set up on your android phone.
That’s it. You have successfully learned to make a Google account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: How do I create a Gmail address?
Answer: Creating a Gmail account is same as creating a Google account. Go to gmail.com and sign up for Gmail by filling out the information.
Question: Can I create more than one Google account?
Answer: Yes, you can as many Google account as you want. Just follow the same procedure mentioned above for creating another Google account.
Question: Why is it important to make a Google account?
Answer: In order to use Google products and services, having a Google account is necessary. Google account is required for using Gmail, YouTube, Blogger, Google photos, hangouts, Google drive, Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Google search console, Google Alerts, Picasa, Google maps, etc. For services like YouTube, you don’t need a Google account watch videos. However, if you want to upload, like, comment a video, you’ll need a Google account.
Question: Is it possible to install an app from Play Store without a Google account?
Answer: No. Without a Google account, you can’t install any application on your Android device from Play Store.