Screen resolution is measured as the number of pixels in the horizontal and vertical dimensions. For example, resolution 1024 x 768 means the width is 1024 pixels and the height is 768 pixels. Resolution depends on the no. of factors such as screen size, display monitor and the drivers used.
This article will help you to change the screen resolution and other display settings in Windows 10 PC.
Change Display Resolution in Windows 10 [ Step by Step ]
Step #1: On your Desktop, right-click anywhere and open Display settings.
Step #2: It will open the Windows 10 Display settings screen. Tap Display on the left side.
Under Resolution, you’ll see the recommended resolution setting. For my PC, it is set to 1366 x 768. You’ll see a different resolution depending on your display device. Adjust the screen resolution according to your preference.
Remember: If you set up a lesser resolution than the default, the contents will be displayed larger on your screen. If you do the opposite i.e larger resolution then smaller content will be smaller.
Step #3: Select from the available options in the drop-down menu under Resolution.
Step #4: Confirm your display resolution settings by clicking on the Keep changes. You’ll get 15 seconds to keep these settings or it will revert back to the previous screen resolution.
That’s it. You have successfully changed Windows 10 display resolution.
Other Windows 10 Display Settings
How to use Night light Settings in Windows 10
With the release of creators update, Windows 10 comes with a new feature “Night Light” – a kind of display mode that displays warmer color to help you sleep at night and reduce eyestrain by reducing the blue light from the screen.
Follow the below instructions to enable the Night light:
1. Open Display settings by right-clicking on Desktop and go to Display settings.
2. Click Display on the left side, you’ll find Night light slider on the right. Turn it on by moving the slider to the right.
3. By default, Windows automatically schedule Night light from sunset to sunrise. To manually customize night hours, click on Night light settings link.
4. Here, you will see a slider – “Color temperature at night”. Drag this slider left or right to adjust the color of the screen.
5. Under Schedule section, turn on Schedule night light. Select Set hours and set the specific hours for which you would want the Nigh light feature to be activated.
That’s it. Try this feature if you spend most of the time in front of the screen at night.
Moreover, you can change the font size in Windows 10. Go to the Display settings, Under Scale and layout section, Change the size of text, apps, and other items to 125% from 100% (Recommended). After this, you’ll see an increase in the font size of icons and text.
This concludes the article here. Hope you learned everything about the display settings in Windows 10. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below.
Don’t forget to share this article using the below social media icons.