In the previous article, I discussed How to Submit Blogger URL and Sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools. But do you know that you can improve your site’s performance in other search engines also such as Bing, Baidu, and Yandex?
It is very important to Submit Website to other search engines also in order to get organic traffic (“traffic which comes from search engines”).
I don’t think “Bing Search Engine” needs an introduction here. It is the second most used search engine after Google. Microsoft’s Bing Webmaster tools allow Blogger users to add their website URL to the Bing index crawler which helps Bing search engine to index blogger blog posts. So let’s get started.
Click here if you want to Generate Sitemap for Blogger.
How to Submit Site URL to Bing Webmaster tools ( Blogger )
Note: Before getting started I hope you’re already aware of that Bing has merged with yahoo site explorer way back in 2011. So by adding URL in Bing alone will index your Blogger blog to both Bing and Yahoo.
- Step 1: Go to Bing Webmaster tools and Sign in using your Microsoft account.
- Step 2: Go to “Add a Site”
- Step 3: Now you need to add URL of your blog. Enter your blogger’s domain name (as shown in below image), click on ADD button.
- Step 4: Now move to the next step which is to Submit Blogger Sitemap to Bing. Just write your blog’s URL address and add the below code after the URL.
Copy below code and paste after your blog URL.
For example – If your blog URL is http://myblog.blogspot.com, you will write as http://myblog.blogspot.com/atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500
- Step 5 – Click on Add button.
- Step 6 – Now you need to verify your Blog’s ownership by adding the meta tag in Blogger’s theme/template as shown below. Choose the option 2 for verification:
- First Copy the meta tag written within <meta name> tag as shown in above image.
- Now go to Blogger dashboard.
- Go to Themes—-> Edit HTML
- Place your cursor anywhere inside the code and Use Ctrl+F from the keyboard to open the search bar and search for <head>.
- Paste the meta tag which you copied, just below the <head> tag as shown in below figure and save the theme.
- Step 7 – Now Go back to Bing Webmaster tool and Click on verify button. That’s it. You are done.
Note: If your blog has more than 500 posts then you have to submit one more sitemap with the below code.
For blog posts between 500-100 use this code:
For posts more than 1000 use this code:
Congratulations! You have successfully submitted your site URL and sitemap to Bing Webmaster tools for Blogger
Read more Blogger articles:
It will take up to 3 to 4 days for Bing Search engine to index your blog.
If you need any help in Blogger, feel free to ask by leaving a comment below.