By installing a tab suspension extension, you can easily reduce Chrome memory usage.
We are all aware of that Google Chrome is the most widely used Internet browser with almost 50% internet users use Chrome for web surfing. But there’s one thing, not every Chrome user aware of, is that it consumes lots of memory and even slow down the Computer.
Yeah, you heard it right!
Chrome browser has a bad reputation for using up RAM. If you want to reduce Chrome’s RAM usage, there are some extensions that can help you to reduce memory usage in Chrome browser.
In this post, I have talked about 2 chrome extensions that can help you to control RAM usage in chrome.
How to Article – Best Free VPN Hola extension
1st Extension – The Great Suspender
The Great Suspender Chrome extension allows you to suspend all the tabs except the one you are working on. However, you can allow some specific sites to never be suspended.
1. Open the Great Suspender extension in the Chrome web store.
2. Click on “Add to Chrome” button. This will install the extension on Chrome browser.
3. Click Settings on the successful installation page.
4. Under General settings, select the time after which the extension automatically starts suspending tabs. You can also add any site or page URL to whitelist it(not suspend it).
5. Finally, click Save settings.
Simply visit the page you want to suspend, click The Great Suspender icon at the address bar and click Suspend this tab.
2nd Extension – OneTab
1. Visit the OneTab extension page to open it in the Chrome web store.
2. Click on “Add to Chrome” to install it.
3. After installation, click the OneTab icon from the address bar. It will suspend all the tabs. Click restore selective tabs to reload all the suspended tabs.
By using any of the above extensions, Chrome’s memory usage will be reduced.
If you want to speed up chrome, it is always advised to clear cache.
For more Chrome tutorial guides, visit our chrome section.
If you are still not sure how to reduce memory usage in Chrome, then let me know in the comments below.
How to Reduce Chrome's Memory Usage and Free up RAM
Learn how to reduce Google Chrome memory usage and speed up chrome browser by freeing up RAM by using chrome extensions