Welcome to another how-to Article, here you will learn how to make Chrome your default browser on your operating system. According to StatCounter, Google Chrome is the most popular internet browser in the world with almost more than 50% internet users use it for web surfing.
Chrome has become the first choice among internet users because of its fast interface and extensions free to use from chrome store. Follow these methods to set chrome your default browser on your Computer and Android device.
Before proceeding, make sure to download and install chrome on your device.
Make Chrome default browser on your Computer
[ Windows 10 ]
In Windows 10, Microsoft edge is set as default web browser. You can change it from the Windows system settings.
- Go to the Start menu and type settings in the search box and open it.
- Click System > Default apps [ Original Version ]
- Click Apps > Default apps [ Creators update ]
- Now scroll down until you find Web browser section. You might find Microsoft Edge set as default.
- Tap on it to open ‘Choose an app‘ window and select Google Chrome to set it your default browser.
If this method doesn’t change your default browser to chrome, use the below Control Panel method.
[ Windows 8 or below ]
Use this method if you are using Windows 8.1, 8, 7 or Vista OS.
- From the start menu, search and open control panel.
- Open Default Programs. If you are in category view, go to Programs > Default Programs.
- Click on Set your default programs, wait for all the default programs to load.
- In the left box, select google chrome and click Set this program as default.
- Click Ok to save the settings.
Related How-to Articles
Set Google Chrome as default browser in [ Mac OS ]
- Click the Apple icon at the top and select System Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- In system preferences menu, click the General tab.
- Under Default web browser, select Google Chrome.
- Now, google chrome will be set as the default browser in Mac OS.
For more help, visit Chrome Support.
Make Chrome your default browser on Android
- Tap on Settings on your phone home screen.
- Under your device settings, tap on Apps or Default apps depending on your device.
- List of all your installed apps will be displayed, click on the defaults option.
- Select Browser and choose Google Chrome your default browser.
Note: You can’t make Chrome your default browser in iOS.
This concludes the article here. If you have any doubt with any of the methods mentioned above, let me know by leaving a comment below.
If you liked this article, please follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Goolge+.