This article will be focused on How to Submit URL and Sitemap to Google Webmaster tools for blogger.
The next step you need to do after generating a sitemap for the blogger is to add Sitemap to various Search Engine such as “Google Search Console” (previously Google Webmaster tools) or Bing Webmaster tools to get your website found by the Search Engine.
Beginner guide to Submit URL to Google Webmaster Tools:
Follow simple steps mentioned below :
- Sign in to Google Webmaster Tools using your Google account.
- Now add URL to Google ( yourblogname.blogspot.com ) using Add a Property section. Now Google will ask you to verify your website. This is an important step.
- For Blogger Blog, use Alternate method for verification. Select HTML tag and copy the meta tag and paste it into your Blogger homepage.
How to Verify Blogger blog to Google Search console
- Open Blogger Dashboard —> Themes —-> Edit HTML
- Press Ctrl +F and search <head> in the search bar.
- Now paste the meta tag right below the <head> and save it.
- Now go to Google webmaster tool to complete the verification process.
Now Click on Verify Button. You will see a verification message. Click on Continue. Now you need to submit your XML Sitemap to Google Search Console to get your blog indexed by search engine.
How to Submit Sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools
- Now Go to Crawl —> Sitemaps —->Add “Sitemap”. Copy/Paste the below code in the text field shown in below image and click Submit button.
That’s it. You have successfully submitted your site to Google Webmaster Tools.
Above code works only when your total blog posts doesn’t exceed more than 500 posts. But if it does exceeds, then use the below code to submit the sitemap for blogger blog.
If Blogger has more than 500 posts you need to add another Sitemap. Add the below code.
If you have any problem in adding your site to webmaster tools, let me know by leaving a comment below.