This HowToArticle teaches you how to enter BIOS Configuration settings in Windows. This method is working on ASUS Notebook.
What is BIOS Settings in Windows and what are its uses?
- The basic input output system commonly referred to as “BIOS Setup” is a small software stored in a flash memory chip in the Motherboard.
- BIOS Setup is used to perform hardware initialization during the Windows booting process (when you turn on your Laptop ). BIOS Settings is the first “software” that runs when you launch your “Laptop or Computer”.
- Windows BIOS Settings is accessed and configured through the BIOS Setup Utility. Admin can access the BIOS Configuration at Windows Startup to :
- Configure the hardware components. ( Example- Overclocking the CPU )
- Setting the System Clock
- Enabling or Disabling System Components.
- Setting the ‘Boot’ Order.
- Remove / Create a BIOS password.
All modern Computer motherboards contain BIOS Setup. But accessing your computer’s BIOS is a process that differs from system to system. You can access your ASUS Boot Settings using the access key.
How to enter BIOS Settings on ASUS laptop :
- Switch on the Laptop or Restart if already turned on.
- Press “Del” Button when you see ASUS logo appears on the screen. Press the Del button repeatedly until you see the BIOS Settings Screen.
- If the PC boots to Windows, restart your laptop and Repeat the above step.
If you have any questions or queries, leave your comment below.