This HowToArticle teaches you how to delete your Facebook account permanently regardless of whatever the reason. Good thing is that Facebook allows its users to get rid of their account by temporarily deactivating it from the Facebook Settings or delete the account permanently using the Account Deletion Link.
In this article, I have written about two different ways to shut down your FB account. The first method will temporarily deactivate your Facebook account and you can easily reactivate it at any time in future while the other method will completely delete your Facebook account from the Facebook server.
How to deactivate Facebook Account Temporarily
If you want to get rid of Facebook for a short time period, you can deactivate it temporarily using the below steps.
- Login to your FB Account and click the down arrow at the top right of your Newsfeed.
- Now click on “Settings”.
- Under “General Account Settings”, Select “Deactivate your Account“.
- Complete the steps on the confirmation page and finally click the Delete button to confirm the account deactivation.
After deactivating the account, your profile won’t be visible to anyone and all your shared photos and posts will automatically be removed from the Facebook. But some information like your profile name and messages will still be visible to your friends.
To reactivate your account anytime in future, simply log in to your Facebook account. Your profile will be restored as it was before deactivation.
How to delete Facebook Account Permanently
Say Goodbye to Facebook. Deleting your Facebook Account will permanently remove all the information you have shared on Facebook. However, it won’t be possible to regain access to your account once it’s deleted.
Before deleting the account, you might want to download a copy of all your Facebook information. To do this, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to your Facebook account Newsfeed, click the down arrow at the top right corner and select “Settings“.
- Under General Account Settings, you’ll find a link at the bottom – “Download a copy of your Facebook Data“, click on it.
- Click “Start my Archive“.
- Now, Facebook will ask you to enter your password. Click Submit.
- Your downloaded copy will be sent to your email address.
Now, delete your Facebook account by visiting the below Facebook account deletion link in a web browser.
Click “Delete my account” and complete the remaining steps to confirm the deletion.
Facebook will take up to 90 days to completely remove all your account information from the Facebook server.
Read more: How to enter BIOS Configuration
If you liked this article, please share it on social media. Give your suggestions and feedback in the comment section below.