Microsoft’s Windows 10 allows users to change the default font size. For some users, default font size could be smaller or difficult to read, so you might want the text, icon, and font appear bigger on the screen.
In this how-to Article, I will teach you in a simple way how you can change and set the new font size according to your preference in your Windows 10 operating system.
How to Change Font Size in Windows 10
- Press Windows logo key from the keyboard and search display settings, and open the change display settings. OR go to your desktop, right-click anywhere and open “Display settings” from here.
- Now, under the Scale and Layout change the default 100% (Recommended) to 125%. It will increase the size of text, apps, and other items.
- Use Custom scaling option to set a custom font size. You can select a range between 100-500 and click Apply.
- Once you have set the new font settings, click on the sign-out link to log out of your Windows account. This is necessary if you want new font settings to work effectively with all apps.
- Now all your font and text size will appear bigger than the default font setting. You need to sign in back to your Windows account, in order to do so, press the windows logo key and search manage your account and open it.
- Here, login back to your Microsoft account to permanently save the settings.
To revert back to the default Settings, set the display settings back to 100% (Recommended) and follow the sign and sign process again to restore back to default Font setting.
READ: How to disable Windows 10 automatic update
Change Font Setting temporarily using Magnifier
Windows users can temporarily increase the portion of the screen by using a built-in Microsoft Magnifier. Follow the below steps to use the magnifier:
- Use Windows logo key and ‘+’ sign from the keyboard to magnify/zoom the screen and ‘-‘ sign to zoom out the screen.
- Exit the magnifier by pressing Windows key + Esc to exit the magnifier.
I think 125% works well most of the time. It is not recommended to change the default setting to more than 125%.
Read more how-to articles:
If you have any problem and query about changing the font size in Windows 10, let me know in the comment section below.