In this guide, you will learn a simple and easy way of installing Zip and UnZip in your Ubuntu Operating system.
Follow the steps below to install Zip and UnZip in Ubuntu 18.4 LTS Bionic Beaver. These steps are also working on the older version of Ubuntu such as Ubuntu 16.4 and Ubuntu 14.4.
- First of all, open the Terminal by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+T key.
- First, update all the packages using the following command. Note: It is always advised to update all your installed packed packages before installing a new package. The command below will help you achieve that.
sudo apt-get update
- After the completion of the update. Its time to install zip in Ubuntu 18.4. Run the following command in the terminal.
sudo apt-get install zip
- Now, to install UnZip, use the following command.
sudo apt-get install unzip
That’s it. Zip and Unzip are successfully installed on your system.
- To verify the version of Zip and UnZip, use the following commands. If these commands displays the version, that means the Zip and UnZip are installed correctly in Ubuntu.