Important Tips: It is always recommended to uninstall software that you no longer use. If you install lots of software, it will affect your PC’s speed and performance as the software installs services, shared DLLs, background task, etc. and that ultimately slows down your Windows PC. If you have a low spec PC, then use lesser programs. Check this Windows 10 guide to repair a program.
Note: The steps mentioned below are performed on Windows 10 Professional Edition. Screenshots images shown below may or may not be similar from your version of Windows.
Uninstall Windows 10 apps using Settings App
- Open Settings from the start menu.
- It will open Windows Settings screen. Click on Apps.
- Under Apps & features section, you’ll find the complete list of installed apps or programs on your computer.
- Select the app you want to uninstall, and then click the Uninstall button. You’ll see a pop-up warning – ‘this app and its related info will be uninstalled‘. Hit the Uninstall button again to confirm deleting the app.
Uninstall Programs / Software in Win 10 via Control Panel
Well, this is the traditional method every Windows user knows about. In Windows 10, users can uninstall software directly from the Control Panel however, users won’t be able to delete apps downloaded from the Windows Store from the Control Panel.
Follow the steps below to remove Windows 10 programs.
- Go to the ‘Cortana Search box’ and type Control Panel and hit enter to open it.
- Set View by to Small icons from the top-right corner. Now locate Programs and Features from the available lists and open it.
- You’ll see the list of all installed programs on your PC with details such as size, version, and installed date.
- Double-click the Program you want to remove and then press Uninstall to begin the process. It will take you to the Uninstallation wizard and follow the process.
This method completely removes programs and it’s component from your Windows Computer.
Remove Programs or Apps from Start Menu
It is the simplest and quickest way to remove apps or programs in Windows 10. Just head over to the start menu and navigate the app or program you want to delete, right click on that program and hit the Uninstall button. You’ll see a pop-up window – ‘This app and its related info will be deleted’. Hit the Uninstall button again to start the uninstallation process.
Read Also: Consider changing these Windows 10 default settings
This concludes the article here. If you have doubt or problem with uninstalling any programs in Windows 10, comment down below.